Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Clarifying Shampoo (PSA - you need this in your life!)

Hi Gorgeous,

If you're like me, you are kind of 'shitty' at styling your luscious locks and so you require the help of products and tools - which then require the use of heat protectants, styling sprays and holds! With this comes the inevitable buildup of residues on your scalp and then you, like me, look like a grease ball even right after coming from the shower.

If this has happened to you, you need a clarifying shampoo (yasss) and my favorite is the Kenra Professional Clarifying Shampoo (I get mine at ULTA for a  well spent $13 at 10.1 oz).

Clarifying shampoos are like the reset button we often dream existed on days were your hair and makeup just Can't. Get. It. Together.! Striping your hair and scalp of buildup's, clarifying shampoo allows you to 'start over' and gain a fresh perspective again.

Although not recommended for regular use (as in every time you wash), I do tend to use it every 2 weeks unless desperately needed.  Since I have color treated hair I try to use sparingly as its not a color safe product AND I make sure to give my hair a reset right before I go to a color appointment so that I'm sure I wont be yearning for some clarification (hehe) too soon after color treatments!

So there you have it ... one of my life saving hair tricks (and lord KNOWS I need as many as I can get)







Cheers to a beautiful (hair worthy) you,
                  *MKG


No comments:

Post a Comment