Monday, January 20, 2014

ULTA HAUL!

Hi Gorgeous!

As I mentioned in my last post, Top 5 Looks of the Golden Globes, I placed a pretty large order with Ulta. For those of you who don't know what Ulta is, it is the baby of CVS (or any drugstore) and Sephora should they decide to 'hop on the good foot and do the bad thing!'- Austin Powers!

Its the perfect in-between store, with loads of high end products and the latest drugstore beauty lines, not to mention a Salon inside and a plethora of gorgeous hair tools and products.

I received a 20% off coupon and decided to put it to use on some products I was very interested in.






















So here we go :

1. Neutrogena Makeup remover cleansing towelettes, night calm.  This is the only purchase I made that was not a 'new' product to my regimen.  I use these towelettes every night.  They take off my makeup easily with little to no force, the lavender is very calming for the skin and the pack last me at least a month.  This is a HOLY GRAIL item :)

2.  Mario Badescu Skincare, Glycolic Acid Toner.  This is a new product for me and I am very excited.  It has a 5 star rating on Ulta and has various other reviews that are in its favor all over the web.  I needed a toner that wasn't at the cosmetic counter price point.  I hope this meets all my expectations for the $18 it cost.

3.  Living Proof, full root lifting hairspray is also another new purchase.  I had received a sample of some items in the Living Proof collection (redeemed with Sephora beauty points) a few months back and loved the products in there.  This is new to the line, and as I am always trying to get more lift form my roots I jumped in and bought this.

The Goods <3  
4.  it COSMETICS, Vitality lip flush 4-1 reviver in Je na Sais Quoi.  it COSMETICS has just hit our market and is only sold at Ulta.com (a limited few of their stores carry it on shelf yet).  I have a CC cream from this company and it is amazing so after some research, I purchased two items and this is one.  PS.  I tried this right out of the box (hello Ms.Impatient) and OMG like a satin pillow case for your precious lips.

5.  it COSMETICS, Bye Bye Under Eye corrector concentrate cream was my second 'it' purchase.  With a mother load of skincare products in it AND corrective color, why wouldn't someone like me, with dark circles, try it!  I have yet to use it but the consistency feels nice, light.  Although I do fear its potential for creasing under the eye mid-day (I'll keep you posted).

6.  Philosophy, hope in a jar hydrating foundation in shade 5.  I have very little form Philosophy despite their rave reviews.  I am very excited to try this, it is 1 of 3 foundations they just released.  The shade seems spot on (its always so hard to pick out colors online) and the texture feels hydrating and light.

7.  bareMinerals, Marvelous MOXIE Lip gloss in Heart Breaker.  Their newest lipgloss for the Valentine's Holiday.  As mentioned in my Sephora Haul, I recently bought a gloss from the BUXOM line, which has been compared by others to Bare Minerals.  Since I truly love the Buxom gloss (LOL /cute moment: my fiancé sweetly said "my lips feel cool and tingle when I kiss you") I had to quiet the mind and try the bareMINERALS to see if they can compare.  The color online looked fabulous and it did not disappoint in person.

8. LIPSTICK QUEEN, All you need is nude gift set immediately caught my eye with just its name!  I am such a sucker for nude lips :)  All the products are full size and the packaging is so sleek.  It is totally expensive ( 3 lipsticks, one lipstick pencil, and a gloss) but I have faith it will be worth it.

A Closer look at Lipstick Queen, All you need is Nude, wanelo.com

Cheer to a beautiful you,
           *MKG


No comments:

Post a Comment