Friday, December 13, 2013

Sephora Haul !

Hi Gorgeous!

About 1 month ago Sephora had their infamous Friends &Family / VIB 20% off promotion!  As a complete and total beauty junkie, this is like Christmas in November!
Naturally I prepped myself for the items I was interested in trying and any items I wished to purchase for others, as the Holiday season was fast approaching!  I will try and review most of the products that I purchased to try myself but unfortunately, since Christmas is 2 weeks away I wont be able to show/review any of the items I purchased for my friends and family (whompwhomp).
Sephora Haul Nov 2013 (minus the items I will use as Holiday Gifts)

YEY! Look at all that beauty -->

So here is the Haul list (clockwise):
1. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (unfortunately, this was a limited item and you can no longer get it from Sephora)
2. Dior Holiday Couture Collection (again, limited and no longer available)
3. Stila Magnificet Metals in Metallic Merlot
4. NARS Single Eyeshadow in Cairo # 2042
5. BUXOM full-on Lip Cream in White Russian
6. MARC JACOBS Lip Gel in Strange Magic #102
7. NARS Single Eyeshadow in Nepal #2016
8.  OCC Lip Tar in Vintage
9. NARS Lipstick in CATFIGHT #1050





<-- Here are the products currently available at Sephora.  I just wanted you to see their colors a bit (I deff. didn't notice when purchasing that everything is in the pink/rosy tones).






My over all thoughts ....
The STILA metallic foils are beyond gorgeous and their color payoff is fantastic.  It comes packaged with the Stay all day liquid eye primer and a mini mixing plate- very handy!

The NARS shadows are great, and I am not a new purchaser of them- but after receiving and swatching both- they are far too close in color so I will be exchanging the Nepal #2016 for another shadow.

BUXOM's White Russian lip gloss is great over almost any color lipstick- it just seems to liven any color.  I don't typically use it alone as I have rather pigmented lips and it doesn't show much :(  It also has a cool tingly feeling, which is rather enjoyable.

Love the Marc Jacobs products in general.  The packaging is very nice (although the lipstick package concept is almost identical to that of Bare Minerals).  Color payoff is perfect and it wears off well, as in not too messy or too quickly.

The Lip Tar by OCC is crazy!  The Color is fantastic and rich, but I have yet to master the application technique that is best.  NOTE: this product stains immediately - which is great for your lips especially at an event or night out, but bad if you get it anywhere else.

  I hope this was as interesting for you to read through as it was for me!  I am loving all the products I purchased, and apologize that this post made it just short of you all being able to find the Hourglass and Dior Holiday limited palettes.  I have another mini haul coming up with a few items from Sephora and a few from ULTA - STAY TUNED!

Cheers to a beautiful you,
           *MKG

No comments:

Post a Comment