Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top 13 of 2013!

Hi Gorgeous!

Wishing you nothing but the best for 2014!  I hope that 2013 treated you as well as it did me, but as they say,"out with the old, in with the new".  As we reflect on the past year I decided to tell you some of my favorites from 2013.  The makeup and skin care that came out this year was great, I can't wait to see what 2014 brings all of us beauty lovers <3

It was so hard to pick my top 13 so I went into my everyday makeup bag and pulled out 13 products that I use almost every day!  Here we goooo :

1. L'Oreal Miracle Blur- such a great base (you could use this without foundation) it literally BLURS any lines and pores :)!!!
2. Christian Dior Nude foundation (in 022)- love this because it provides a nude look but with coverage.
3. L'Oreal True Match Super-bendable crayon concealer (in fair/light W1-2-3)- This is a holy grail.  I have one at work, in my bag and at home.  It covers everything and is super blendable-no need to pat it in you can swipe/rub etc.  Use it under the eye or on blemishes, it is a go-to product (not to mention super affordable)
4. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder ( in Diffused light)- I use this many ways; As a setting powder or highlighter, but mostly to set my concealer.  This is more on the yellow side which is perfect to brighten my dark circles.
5. Maybelline Define-A-Brow (in medium brown)- again, a holy grail and super affordable.  I stock up at CVS when I receive beauty cash or at Ulta when they run sales like BOGO !
6. Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel (in Espresso)- Literally lasts a lifetime and pulls my brow together after filling them in (which i do daily since I have sparse brows :( 
7. Marc Jacobs Bronzer (in 102 Tantric)- Loving this product since its release back in the fall.  Just enough bronze to bring that "glow" to your face.
8. Benefit blush (in Rockateur)- Good blush that matches every look (also smells incredible)
9. Urban Decay Eyeshadow primer potion- I use this regularly to set any eye shadow I apply or if its really hot out, I'll use it to hold on my liquid eye liner as I do have oily eye lids (booo)
10.  L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense (liquid felt tip liner)- Great and easy to control liquid eye liner at a very affordable price.
11. Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara ( in 003 Extreme Black)- doesn't build volume but does build length- great to start off with or to use on days where you are going more natural.
12. Fresh Sugar Lip treatment- DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN?? If you haven't tried any of the Fresh cosmetics products, you are missing out.  I purchase this once a year and MAKE IT LAST (it is pricey), but it seriously feels like a cashmere wrap for your lips!
13. Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Colour (in 60's Pink)- Great color for an on the go morning.  No liner needed.  This provides good color for the nude/pink lip we all love.

It was soo soo hard to choose 13 items, especially because I wanted to choose some skin care products (ahem, like the Clarisonic), and I did not include any eye shadows.  Like I previously mentioned, I chose everything based on what I use more regularly.

May you find love, peace, happiness, and prosperity in this new year <3 Let me know if you'd like to see anything specific for the upcoming year :)

Cheers to a beautiful you (especially in 2014),
                    * MKG

1 comment:

  1. I definitely want to try the L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense now! I've been looking forever for a good liquid eyeliner that is easy to control. Thanks for the suggestion :)

    You're other reviews are fabulous as well!

    ReplyDelete