Monday, May 2, 2016

Current Skin Care Routine

Hi Gorgeous,

Since my wedding I've been trying so hard to keep up my skin care routine and I am truly noticing a difference.  Here is my current A.M / P.M skin care routine:

5:30am
Struggle to wake up (lol) and turn on the coffee pot!
After brushing my teeth, I begin prepping my skin for the day:
  • Wash my face with warm water / splash with cold water right at the end
  • Dry with clean face towel
  • Apply eye cream: Currently loving Mario Badescu Hyluronic Eye Cream
  • Apply face moisturizer: Currently using MURAD Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 15 PA+++
  • Apply chapstick of choice!
After applying my eye, face, and lip moisturizer I enjoy a cup of coffee while it all sinks into the skin. Once my coffee is done and my face feels almost dry (a little tacky) I begin my makeup routine :)

9:45pm
After a long day, there's nothing more I'd like to do that just put my PJ's on and head into the bed BUT we all know leaving the days face on is a skin-care 'no-no' so I head to the bathroom for my nighttime routine.  
  • I use CVS brand makeup remover wipes in lavender to remove all my face makeup.
  • Because it's important to be gentle around the eye area, I use a cotton swab with either Bioderma or Lancome Bi-Facil to remove my eye makeup.
  • Wash off any remaining product using Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (every other day I use this cleaner in conjunction with my Clarisonic to assist in a deeper clean).
  • Once a week I tone with either the Mario Badescu Aloe toner or the Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid toner
  • Apply eye cream:  RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream
  • Apply face serum: OLE HENRIKSEN Truth Serum Vitamin C collagen booster
  • Apply face oil:  OLE HENRIKSEN Pure Truth Vitamin C Youth Activating Oil
    • OR Apply face cream:  EMBRYOLISSE Lait-Creme Concentre
    • Apply Bite beauty Agave lip mask
    annndd after all that, I'm officially ready to crawl in bed, kiss my hubby 'goodnight', and pass out :) 

    Sometimes I, obviously, need to cater this routine towards certain skin issues I may be experiencing at that time.  I've been really happy with my skin and hope it continues to improve (although I am itching for another PCA peel!).

    Cheers to a beautiful you,
                 *MKG


    | stay up to date with me and my loves/hates/routines/hauls/inspo on instagram @honeybeemkg |

    No comments:

    Post a Comment