Monday, June 30, 2014

Beauty Counter!

Hi Gorgeous!

I hope everyone is excited about the upcoming holiday weekend!

One of my favorite people (and fellow blogger Jack and Salma) has recently become a rep for this wonderful company, Beauty Counter.  Beauty Counter aims "to get safe products into the hands of everyone" by banning "more than 1,500 ingredients setting a new health and safety standard-"

Now, I acknowledge that many beauty companies today still use harmful ingredients in their products (lead, phthalates, etc.) and with that being said I am still going to use them!  I am in love with makeup and that is just not something that will change- but many companies are taking a stand and backing away from the ways of harmful chemical use (ex. Beauty Counter, Josie Maran, Bite beauty)

However, wherever i can take a step towards a better and safer makeup/body/skin care line, I will.
So, here I am at 9pm on a Wednesday night ordering from beauty counter, a few simple products!

As always, first thing I went for was the lip products! Since I'm usually a nude/pink girl i immediately gravitated towards the color below, Petal.  First off, helloooo look at that packaging! I mean the lipstick casing is heavy and durable not to mention uber chic!  The color pay off is as you'd expect- sheer and perfect for everyday!
Lip Sheer in 'Petal' 
Glow Sugar Scrub 



The Glow Sugar Scrub was my second go to- and mostly because with all the self tanning- sunscreen- and face it, sweat- exfoliation is needed a bit more in the summer time!  I must say, the smell wasn't my favorite as I guess I was expecting a warm rich vanilla/brown sugar smell.  This actually smells sweet like Honey.  I also wasn't fond of the waxy residue that was left behind after- I felt like I just wasn't clean yet!

Overall- it did its job but I wouldn't spend $38 on it- if harmful chemicals becomes an obsessive concern of mine- ill just buy a loofah!





Vibrant Eye Perfector





Lastly, I went for the eye creams and saw this beaut! targeting dark under eye circles while firming the skin, this eye cream feels hydrating and cooling as soon as you first start to apply it.  Again, the packaging is perfection!  I will keep you posted on my (dreadful) dark under-eye circles to see if this bad boy is the answer to my prayers!














Overall, my experience with Beauty Counter was fantastic! I received my order in about 3 days, packaged nicely and with care (thank you Gregg!). The information provided by the company and their research is phenomenal and educational! I will be recommending this company to my friends & family with young kids- as their sunscreens look worthy!

Cheers to a beautiful you,
              *MKG




No comments:

Post a Comment